WP db won't import, despite fixes in php.ini

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
MBWD

WP db won't import, despite fixes in php.ini

Post by MBWD »

I am using MAMP 6.8 free version on a 2013 iMac desktop running 10.15.7.

I am experiencing an error when attempting to upload a database into PHPMyAdmin. The db is just 12.5MB and the error is like this:

Code: Select all

POST Content-Length of 12462545 bytes exceeds the limit of 8388608 bytes in Unknown on line 0
I understand what I need to do to fix this: go into the conf file for my version of PHP, which is 7.4.33, and change the values for max_execution_time, upload_max_filesize, memory_limit and post_max_size.

The particular error I'm getting indicates that my post_max_size is too small, so I've increased it to 32M in my conf file and restarted my MAMP server. However, I can see in phpinfo that it's still at the default value of 8M.

I am sure that I'm editing the right file: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.33/conf/php.ini

Why are my changes not taking effect? It seems like old values are being cached somehow. What else do I need to do in order to resolve this issue?