corrupted characters after document root change

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
indago

corrupted characters after document root change

Post by indago »

environment: mamp 6.6 - Mac OS 12.0.1 Monterey
I changed document root folder from default folder ( Applications > MAMP > htdocs ) to a different directory inside my user's home ( Users > user > htdocs ) and I copied the index.php placeholder in the new document root folder.
But the index.php placeholder is now displayed with corrupted characters.
Reverting the document root folder to default makes the index.php placeholder displayed correctly.
What's happening? (and how to fix...)
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: corrupted characters after document root change

Post by mampsupportmod »

Odd, how are you doing the copy? When you revert, are you copying it back or is it re-creating it there?
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
indago

Post by indago »

ok I realized that with the typical drag & drop, OS Monterey put an alias in the target directory instead of copying the file. Shame on me. :oops: Sorry for this post!
Update: to be honest OS Monterey took joke of me... the OPTION-click command for copying files by drag and drop did not work! Ask why to Tim & friends..... (it looks like it resumed working only after sleep)
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Post by mampsupportmod »

indago wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:05 pm ok I realized that with the typical drag & drop, OS Monterey put an alias in the target directory instead of copying the file. Shame on me. :oops: Sorry for this post!
Update: to be honest OS Monterey took joke of me... the OPTION-click command for copying files by drag and drop did not work! Ask why to Tim & friends..... (it looks like it resumed working only after sleep)
Yea that's annoying. It does it for special priv dir's if I recall
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.