phpList on MAMP (reg. 5.7, Mac)

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
roland1

phpList on MAMP (reg. 5.7, Mac)

Post by roland1 »

Hi folks. First post. I'm using MAMP 5.7 on Mac Sierra — my trusty old production computer.

Recently I wanted to try out phpList for mailouts and I have it working fine on my hosting account. However, I wanted to do an identical install on my local machine so that I could develop templates, etc. without needing to be logged in or online.

My question is probably geared more toward experienced backend coders who know how to troubleshoot a problem like mine.

I created a database and filled in all the info for accessing the database. In short, I repeated all the steps I used to make phpList work on my online hosting server. However, I can't seem to access the admin page and my browser (Firefox) gives me an error message that the server was "reset." I've tried a number of things but I suspect I'm just flailing like a drowning man grasping for straws. :D

It's a longshot or maybe too much of an ask, but can somebody try installing phpList on their MAMP server and — IF IT WORKS — tell me the steps they took to make it work? I don't have sufficient coding experience to sort this out. I'm more the web-designer type, which is great for most things, but not for this kind of work.

Thanks in advance for anyone's input or advice. Like I said, I have it working online, but not in MAMP. I saw that it's possible, but the advice that I've encountered is very nebulous (people often assume that we know more than we really do...). :)
Musician/Author @ www.rolandk.ca
roland1

Re: phpList on MAMP (reg. 5.7, Mac)

Post by roland1 »

Nada?
Musician/Author @ www.rolandk.ca