Trouble cloning a Drupal 7 site

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
pheski69@gmail.com

Trouble cloning a Drupal 7 site

Post by pheski69@gmail.com »

I have a live Drupal 7 site that I need to migrate to Drupal 9. My first step is to clone the live Drupal 7 site to MAMP so I can clean out the modules and content I do not need to migrate. I am struggling with cloning the site to MAMP. Here's what I did:
  • Compressed and downloaded the sql database and drupal files from the live site
  • Created a new custom host with database on MAMP Pro
  • Put the drupal files in the new host and imported the database dump into the MAMP database
  • Changed the settings.php to point to the MAMP Pro database
When I try to open the site in MAMP Pro, I get the home page, but any attempt to see deeper (logging in, seeing content) gives me a 'url not found' error. Is there is a path variable that needs to be changed? Or some other step I've skipped or done wrong?

Thanks.
pheski69@gmail.com

Re: Trouble cloning a Drupal 7 site (RESOLVED)

Post by pheski69@gmail.com »

I don't know why, but the compressed Drupal 7 distribution did not include htaccess, so there was no htaccess file in my MAMP clone. When I downloaded that from live and added it to the MAMP clone, it works fine.

Not to figure out why the htaccess (and probably other hidden files) were not included in the compressed backup...