Let's Encrypt private keys issued with no "read access" for MAMP Pro?

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Let's Encrypt private keys issued with no "read access" for MAMP Pro?

Post by mampsupportmod »

I have to give my Mac user account read access to Let's Encrypt's privkey.pem otherwise MAMP cannot load the SSL file as part of the chain. These certificates issued before would automatically give the Mac user account read access but not anymore. Going into each privkey to set permissions is annoying after a renewal period. Anyone else having this issue?

Lets Encrypt Priv Key No Access
Lets Encrypt Priv Key No Access (19.44 KiB) Viewed 6777 times
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
keith

Re: Let's Encrypt private keys issued with no "read access" for MAMP Pro?

Post by keith »

I'm on a Mac and I've recently set up a website with Mamp Pro using a Let's Encrypt certificate. It works fine currently, but from what you say when the certificate is renewed I will need to give the privacy.pem file access for my user account after each renewal.

I wonder did you manage to get this resolved yet? I'd be grateful for any advice so I can avoid it when it happens.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: Let's Encrypt private keys issued with no "read access" for MAMP Pro?

Post by mampsupportmod »

keith wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:18 am I'm on a Mac and I've recently set up a website with Mamp Pro using a Let's Encrypt certificate. It works fine currently, but from what you say when the certificate is renewed I will need to give the privacy.pem file access for my user account after each renewal.

I wonder did you manage to get this resolved yet? I'd be grateful for any advice so I can avoid it when it happens.

Thanks in advance,
Keith
I haven't. privkey.pem keys issued by certbot still appear to be unreadable by MAMP Pro. You will need to manually adjust the key's permissions in order to apply and save your key to a MAMP host. According to Let's Encrypt, the keys are being issued with the correct permissions.
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.