MAMP 6.0.1 (29793) PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pgsql.so'

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

MAMP 6.0.1 (29793) PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pgsql.so'

Post by mampsupportmod »

Upgrded this week from MAMP/MAMP Pro 5.7.x to MAMP 6.0.1. Since then I've been seeing the following in my /Applications/MAMP/logs/php_error.log

I've tried reinstalling the PHP 7.4.9 version. No luck.

I'm not even using this PHP version. I'm using PHP 7.4.10 as my default versions and this is used by all 6 of my sites.

I've also enabled this PHP version then edited the php.ini and disabled the call to load this library. Restart MAMP and no luck.

[05-Nov-2020 17:54:17 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pgsql.so' (tried: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pgsql.so (dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pgsql.so, 9): Library not loaded: /Applications/MAMP/Library/pg/lib/libpq.5.dylib

Referenced from: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pgsql.so

Reason: image not found), /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pgsql.so.so (dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pgsql.so.so, 9): image not found)) in Unknown on line 0

PHP Core Warning 'yii\base\ErrorException' with message 'PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pdo_pgsql.so' (tried: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.3.1/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/pdo_pgsql.so (dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.3.1/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/pdo_pgsql.so, 9): Library not loaded: /Applications/MAMP/Library/pg/lib/libpq.5.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.3.1/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/pdo_pgsql.so
Reason: image not found), /Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.3.1/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/pdo_pgsql.so.so (dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.3.1/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20180731/pdo_pgsql.so.so, 9): image not found))'

EDIT:

Votes
I can’t solve this problem so I banned it

;extension=pdo_pgsql.so

I use mysql :)
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
lor

Re: MAMP 6.0.1 (29793) PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pgsql.so'

Post by lor »

Hi,

I have the same problem which appears recently:
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'imap.so'
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'gettext.so'
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pgsql.so'
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pdo_pgsql.so'

In my php.ini I have:
extension=imap.so
extension=gettext.so
extension=pgsql.so
extension=pdo_pgsql.so

Did something change on the last updates?

Thank you for any answer...
lor

Re: MAMP 6.0.1 (29793) PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'pgsql.so'

Post by lor »

Hi again,

The problem seems to be here:
(dlopen(/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php7.4.9/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20190902/pdo_pgsql.so.so

The extension is written 2 times.

A solution is here:
https://www.naguel.com/unable-to-load-d ... y-pgsql-so

But symbolic links are not satisfactory

Somebody could help to fix it in MAMP 6.1 please?

Many thx.