how do I configure MAMP to host multiple Wordpress sites?

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
SimonLove

how do I configure MAMP to host multiple Wordpress sites?

Post by SimonLove »

I've installed MAMP and index.php in htpdocs is displaying OK in the browser as it should. However, when I click add host and a window comes up to allow me to select a folder/directory, everything inside htpdocs is opaque so nothing can be selected???

Exactly where should I make a root folder/directory for my WP website in terms of path, permissions etc, etc, so I can host multiple WP websites on my iMac?

I've been using MAMP for well over 10 years and I've never had these sorts of problems - They seemed to have changed the configuration of where to put the index.php file in terms of a root - I imagine this is because of security. I tried contacting their tech support and they're not very helpful...

Any help greatly appreciated...
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: how do I configure MAMP to host multiple Wordpress sites?

Post by mampsupportmod »

Sounds like a permissions issue? Supposed to be placed in your user Sites folder. Is this MAMP or MAMP Pro?

Screenshot might help
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.