MAMP Pro v6.0.1 MySQL, receive: Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

MAMP Pro v6.0.1 MySQL, receive: Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld

Post by mampsupportmod »

I am running MAMP Pro 6.0.1 on macOS 10.15.7. I have 28 MySQL databases setup and configured that were working prior. Now, when I attempt to start mySQL I continue getting mysql_error log:

Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld as root!
Aborting!
mysqldsafe mysqld from pid file /Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.pid ended

I did try the fix to add "user = root" into mysqld and client configurations in my.cnf.

Please advise, I have tried rebooting countlessly I do not know how to fix this.
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: MAMP Pro v6.0.1 MySQL, receive: Fatal error: Please read "Security" section of the manual to find out how to run mys

Post by mampsupportmod »

The config like this below does work. Watch for spelling :)

1. Scroll down or find [client]. Beneath [client] add the following line: user = root

2. Scroll down or find [mysqld]. Beneath [mysqld] add the following line: user = root
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.