Older macbook pro installation error

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
justaguy

Older macbook pro installation error

Post by justaguy »

Hi guys and gals,

I'm trying to install MAMP on an older macbook pro I chose the current installer "MAMP_MAMP_PRO_6.7-Intel-x86" for the intel processor because that's what I have. I'm also running the current MACOS "12.6.1" which is where I think my problem is. After installing in my web browser I go to localhost/MAMP/ and I get a page error that reads...

This site can’t be reachedlocalhost refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

So I'm guessing since the my processor "2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7" is very old does this mean I have to revert back to MACOS El Capitan? Or is there a work around to get this to work?

I also noticed that with in the mamp folder on my hard drive mamp/htdocs/ that directory is empty there is no index.php file. I've done multiple (2) installs with the same results.

I appreciate any help I can get with this. My main goal is to be able to install wordpress on my local mac.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: Older macbook pro installation error

Post by mampsupportmod »

Please share the last lines of the Apache and PHP logs here
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
justaguy

Re: Older macbook pro installation error

Post by justaguy »

I did a reinstall and now it's working. I was following an old tutorial that said to change the port to 80 I think that was my problem I'm using 8888 now and it's working. Thank you for the response. Cheers.