Help Please?

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
Betty

Help Please?

Post by Betty »

I can edit conf files, if that is what is takes.

How do I tell MAMP host to let me put my website files where I want to put them, ie, not in my Home dir.

So frustrating!!!

Help please.

Thanks

I got a new (2nd) Mac Mini, it’s running Monterey 12.3.1 and MAMP PRO 6.6.3 (build 33933 universal).
I created one user on the new machine.
I open MAMP PRO and clicked the + add host button. I clicked the menu therein to select the Document root.

From there I can only select directories from the user folder.
/Library is greyed out/not selectable.

Does anyone know why not? Earlier versions of MAMP on and identical machine under previous macOS allowed me to choose /Library/WebServer/…
Surely, someone else has seen this new behavior?

**bump**
Last edited by Betty on Mon May 02, 2022 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: Help Please?

Post by mampsupportmod »

You specify this when you create a new host. You point to the directory you want your host to look in.
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
Betty

Post by Betty »

MAMP PRO 6.6
When I navigate to to my hd and select Library (trying to go from there to Webserver, where I normally would put the site) it’s not accessible by MAMP, only USERS dir is accessible (readable).
A permissions problem?
How do I check this… I do not know what they should be… and how do I fix it?

Thank you so much!

ps. When I first setup MAMP over a year ago on an identical mac mini, it would let me select harddrive/Library/…
If I create a new host on the original machine…it also will no longer let me in ./Library … even though it has retained it as path to my root dir.
I have a second mac mini, new but identical 2nd machine, fresh MacOS, lastest MacOS on both: Mamp pro installed on both, neither will let me choose anything as root dir except from Users dir.
?
Also, I have seen the message dialogue presented by Mamp saying: “Older versions would let you use … folders. Why not use ~/ ?

I try to find and install an older version, apparently the archived version isn’t old enough. I tried this because all MAMP Pro updates have retained my old root! D’oh!

Help?
Betty

Post by Betty »

Apparently, MAMP PRO 6.6 will not let you select a Document root outside of ./Users.
?
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Post by mampsupportmod »

Betty wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:15 am Apparently, MAMP PRO 6.6 will not let you select a Document root outside of ./Users.
?
Hit the + button -> Host Type -> Continue -> Document Root.

Mamp Pro Document Root Choose
Mamp Pro Document Root Choose (26.48 KiB) Viewed 4907 times
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
Betty

Post by Betty »

Yes.
Everything is greyed out except ./Users
?
I can access those greyed out dirs in Finder, but not through MAMP PRO 6.6.2.

Both my new and old installs are like this ever since the move to v6.
Although, my old install retains my original setting: ./Library/Webserver/Documents.
I don’t dare change that one (also running MAMP PRO 6.6.2), but I want to retire that server.

Thanks for all assistance.