Strange procedure to start MAMP

All MAMP discussions around troubleshooting and anything related to MAMP. Be as detailed as possible here when posting an issue.
conticreative

Strange procedure to start MAMP

Post by conticreative »

I reinstalled MAMP Pro recently and this is what happens:

1) Launch MAMP and I get an error that the "servers could not be started"
2) In the "General" tab, besides IP Address there is a * and two IP addresses. * is selected.
3) If I choose any of the two IP addresses and restart MAMP, then everything works fine but...
4) The next time I restart MAMP, that IP address I chose (out of two) will be selected, but I get the same error that "services could not be started.
5) At this point, if I choose the other IP{ address or the [*] and restart, MAMP works fine, until the next restart where I have to do it all over again.

By now, I have tried every combo I could. Whatever is selected at the beginning of the session prevents MAMP from starting.
Whatever I choose instead in the drop down, allows MAMP to work flawlessly.

Either my installation of MAMP was designed with the sole purpose to drive me nuts or I am going to start believing in magic.

Thank you.
mampsupportmod
Site Admin

Re: Strange procedure to start MAMP

Post by mampsupportmod »

conticreative wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:43 pm I reinstalled MAMP Pro recently and this is what happens:

1) Launch MAMP and I get an error that the "servers could not be started"
2) In the "General" tab, besides IP Address there is a * and two IP addresses. * is selected.
3) If I choose any of the two IP addresses and restart MAMP, then everything works fine but...
4) The next time I restart MAMP, that IP address I chose (out of two) will be selected, but I get the same error that "services could not be started.
5) At this point, if I choose the other IP{ address or the [*] and restart, MAMP works fine, until the next restart where I have to do it all over again.

By now, I have tried every combo I could. Whatever is selected at the beginning of the session prevents MAMP from starting.
Whatever I choose instead in the drop down, allows MAMP to work flawlessly.

Either my installation of MAMP was designed with the sole purpose to drive me nuts or I am going to start believing in magic.

Thank you.

MAMP or MAMP Pro? macOS or Windows?
MAMP Support Forums is an unofficial support forum covering MAMP & MAMP Pro solution stacks.
conticreative

Re: Strange procedure to start MAMP

Post by conticreative »

Sorry, Mamp Pro on Windows.