1. mampsupportmod
  2. MAMP - General Discussion
  3. Monday, 13 May 2019

It sounds like there won't be any more updates to MAMP Pro 5. MAMP Pro 6 will be released in 2020, possibly January.

See below from developers.

We will be releasing MAMP PRO 6 in 2020. MAMP PRO 5 will not have many more new features added at this point.

MAMP PRO 6 will have, at first release

Apache 2.4
Redesigned interface with less stuff/buttons
MySQL 5.7 (Additionally MySQL 8 will be added, but not in 6.0)
Easier Remote feature, more functionality
Other features as well …

We should have a beta in early 2020, maybe January. If you would like to check out a beta, I would open up a ticket late this year, and we can send you one when it is ready.

Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo

Hi ! Someone know something ??

1. more than a month ago
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo

Hi everyone!

Been using MAMP PRO for years now and eagerly awaiting MAMP PRO 6 in particular for the Apache 2.4 support. Is there any news or even better, a release date?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

1. more than a month ago
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo

Hi everyone!

Been using MAMP PRO for years now and eagerly awaiting MAMP PRO 6 in particular for the Apache 2.4 support. Is there any news or even better, a release date?

Thanks in advance!
Mark

I haven't heard any more news or asked the developer team. I'm hoping next few months prove exciting. I believe macOS 10.16 is getting released in the fall this year, so let's see what direction the developers take. 

1. more than a month ago
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo

Is there any update on this release? I tried out MAMP Pro for the first time yesterday and I was going to buy it, but not if version 6 might be out in a few weeks and I'd have to pay for an upgrade as well. 

Votes
Undo

Is there any update on this release? I tried out MAMP Pro for the first time yesterday and I was going to buy it, but not if version 6 might be out in a few weeks and I'd have to pay for an upgrade as well. 

I was told this month so I would wait.
Votes
Undo

I purchased MAMP 5 a few days ago and saw version 6 was out tonight. It was a free upgrade using a code that came with MAMP 5. All installed and running now. 

Votes
Undo

Great that version 6 is out now!

• Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!