Hello all. This is my first time using MAMP (actually I've tried multiple times over the years...but could never figure out how to get MAMP + my website working).
- I'm pretty sure I have MAMP installed properly.
- I started Apache & MySQL server's.
- I moved all of my website files into the "htdocs" folder (I mean all of them from a full backup I took for my site). I'm actually unsure exactly what website files I should have in the htdocs folder.
At this point this is where I'm stuck. I don't know what to do at this point to get my website running locally...so I can do some work on it. I've searched the internet for help...but can't seem to find anything.
- I don't really understand what website files belong in the htdocs folder.
- I don't know how the website files/directories & the databases (my site has 2 databases) need to be arranged in the htdocs folder for things to work
- I don't know if I need to do something to get the website databases working.
I'm assuming that once everything is setup properly...that I only need to enter my websites URL into the browsers localhost...and it should show up like it does normally on the internet.
I'm a real novice with MAMP...thus don't assume anything. Be as detailed as possible. : )
Thanks much for any help.